Easy Credit Card Processing with PagBrasil Gateway
What is a Payment Gateway?
A payment gateway is a back-end service provided by payment processors that facilitates credit card payment transactions by transferring the information between online stores and card acquirers. Even though the terms payment gateway and payment processor are often used as synonyms for the same service, they don’t mean the same thing. A payment gateway is merely a technical service, which still requires merchants to have a contractual relationship with card acquirers. In addition, the settlement is done directly by acquirers with the merchant. This setup is usually a good alternative for merchants with larger sales volumes, as it allows them to reduce their global costs.
On the other hand, a payment processor is an entity providing payment processing services. Such services can be limited to the technical integration (gateway) or include the intermediation, which consists of payment processing and money collection. In the latter scenario, the payment processor holds all the contracts with card acquirers and banks and is responsible for transferring the money collected to the merchants.
PagBrasil’s Gateway Service
Online merchants who use PagBrasil for processing payments in Brazil can choose from three different models: collection, gateway and hybrid. As the name suggests, the hybrid model offers a mix of the first two options.
In a gateway model, online merchants benefit from PagBrasil’s service connecting their e-commerce websites with card acquirers to successfully complete payment transactions. The integration with three of the main acquiring players in the Brazilian market: Cielo, Rede and Stone/Elavon, is key to providing merchants with bargaining power.
Advantages of PagBrasil’s Gateway Service
Choosing the right payment gateway is crucial to offering a better payment experience and driving more conversion. There are different gateways in the market, but not all of them will fulfill your e-commerce needs. See below the main advantages of PagBrasil’s gateway service:
- State-of-the-art solution: PagBrasil’s gateway is a platform developed completely inhouse and tailored for the Brazilian market. It is an advanced and flexible all-embracing solution that allows merchants to focus on growing their businesses in Brazil.
- Direct checkout: PagBrasil’s gateway integration can be done via API or iFrame. In both cases, merchants benefit from a direct checkout (sometimes also called a transparent checkout), where the buyer doesn’t leave the online store to complete the payment.
- One-click purchase: Our gateway provides one-click purchase functionality. By tokenizing the credit card details of frequent buyers, PagBrasil makes it possible for merchants to offer an enhanced payment experience, allowing a purchase to be completed in just one click.
- Recurring payments: The one-click purchase functionality also enables merchants to offer recurring payments. Cardholders must authorize the recurring billing on the first charge so that merchants can use the tokenized credit card details to charge the consumer on a regular basis.
- Stable platform: Our redundant server platform, hosted at different geographic locations, is extremely reliable, with an uptime of 99.98%.
- Consistent integration: Credit card acquirers are known to change their parameters often, as well as the way of calling their API. When such changes take place, merchants need to adjust their technical integration. Using the PagBrasil gateway, online businesses never have to worry about these changes, as PagBrasil is responsible for adapting to the acquirers’ alterations.
- PCI DSS Level 1 compliance: PagBrasil is PCI DSS Level 1, version 3.2, certified by Trustwave. This is the highest security standard available in the payment industry. When payment information is sent directly from the merchant’s web form to PagBrasil’s gateway, without running card details through merchants’ servers, online stores can avoid complex and costly technical requirements to be PCI compliant.
- Data security: Merchants using PagBrasil’s gateway benefit from the highest security for online payment processing.
- Business intelligence: We provide a wide variety of reports and customized charts for in-depth understanding of the entire operation. For example, information on conversion rates, often not displayed by acquirers, who only count approved transactions, is easily accessible for merchants.
- Reconciliation service: This optional service allows e-commerce businesses to have exact control of the amounts deposited into their accounts and provides complete transaction reports.
- Multi acquirer: Merchants can use several acquirers in parallel, for instance, to add card labels that the acquirer of choice doesn’t support.
- Bargaining power: As PagBrasil is integrated with several acquirers, merchants have the option to switch from one acquirer to the other instantly, without the need to change anything as regards the technical integration. Therefore, e-commerce businesses benefit from the possibility of negotiating to obtain the best processing fees.
- Fraud prevention: PagBrasil’s gateway is also compatible with our fraud prevention solution, PagShield. This antifraud system can be integrated without the need of implementing an additional API. Alternatively, it is also possible to use ClearSale or Konduto antifraud through PagBrasil’s gateway.
Contact us to find out more about PagBrasil’s gateway service.